Wednesday 5 December 2007

Around the corner

You never know what's around the next corner. Burford is known as 'The Gateway to the Cotswolds'. It has a steep high street that is full of higglety-pigglety stone houses of varying shapes with saggy rooftops and curiousity shops. At the bottom of the High Street, roads take you to Bourton on the Water or to Stow on the Wold.
Around every corner and through little archways and alleys can be seen more old unique little houses in Cotswold Stone.

I arrived home to find an email from an old friend who will be in the area Saturday, so what better place to take her for lunch and a browse, than Burford? Now I have something to look forward to for the weekend. Thereafter, I shall be pounding the bustling streets of Oxford for presents for the family, taking my camera with me.

No comments: