Saturday 1 November 2008

Log Fires and multi-tasking

My multi-fuel burner is now going full tilt; central heating turned right down to save oil; electricity use is to a minimum and a few candles are burning - great for giving me a wonderful complexion - should anyone be around to notice.

A week spent with daughter and granddaughter - doing lots of DIY jobs around the house and garden. Their help has been just what I've needed to get my life organised again and to take my mind off a letter that arrived at the beginning of the week. A certain organisation has supposedly sorted out Mr Nasty... Ha! The two page letter points out in a thinly veiled way that I am putting everyone to a lot of trouble and causing a lot of extra expense, and why oh why (it asks) did I go down the 'formal' route instead of just discussing the unimportant little episode over a cup of tea"? The TV advert for Oxfam comes to mind... shouting out No to injustice!

Onwards and upwards from now on. Life is too short for all of this. I shall look for something else to do when not sitting in front of my log fire stroking my two cats, drinking tea and listening to soft music while reading by candlelight. Now that's what I call multi-tasking.

2 comments:

Puddock said...

Bureaucracy strikes again - just file it all away - you can use it in your novel - it would add something surreal to a comic novel. Unbelievable!

Hope you had fun with your family. I was away staying with friends last week and had a wonderful time. Only trouble is, I cannot stand being back here, alone and with only my own thoughts echoing around in my brain for company.
Think I am going to have to move house and go somewhere friendlier.

Take care, keep fighting!

Richard Flint Photography said...

It's the classic sign of an organisation that wants a quiet life..regardless of whatever is going on within it. Formal makes it just that. Business like. serious. By the book. Comfy chats don't get you anywhere. The trouble and expense is their problem. Mr Nasty should have been dealt with seriously. They should have ROCK solid procedures in place for such occurances. Someone has to make a difference...so go for it Jenny ;-)